WHAT TO BRING
The following personal checklist will help you prepare for admittance
to Memorial Hospital:
- Night wear, robe, rubber-soled slippers (hospital gowns are available)
- Personal toiletries (makeup, razor, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo,
- Reading materials and your address book
- Small amount of money for newspaper, etc.
- Living Will and Durable Power of Attorney
If you are packing for your child, you may wish to include:
- Comfortable night clothes (child-size hospital gowns are available)
- A special toy or two, clearly labeled with your child's name
- Coloring books, crayons, books, etc.
you MUST bring:
- Medical insurance cards and claim forms
- Social Security Card
- Name and address of employer
- Name, address and telephone number of closest family member
- List of all medications you are currently taking and any medication
WHAT NOT TO BRING
Please leave the following items at home:
- Large amounts of money
- Jewelry and other valuable
- Electrical appliances that must be plugged into an outlet: heating pads,
electric blankets, hair dryers, curling irons, space heaters, etc.
All electrical equipment
is subject to a safety inspection by Memorial Hospital's Biomedical Engineer.