Patient & Visitors
About Memorial Hospital
In The News
Community Health Assoc.
Today, in keeping with the latest trend toward maximizing patients' comfort and
convenience and shortening hospital stays, Memorial Hospital performs an increasingly
broad range of outpatient, same day and inpatient surgeries. Combined with advanced
medical/surgical/anesthetic technologies, as always, the personal involvement of our
staff members ensures you receive the attention, care and consideration that would
naturally be given to family, neighbors and friends.
TYPES OF SURGERY
From pre-admission testing and diagnostic procedures, areas of surgery routinely performed include:
- GENERAL SURGERY, such as appendectomy, hernia repair, gall bladder, bowel surgery, mastectomy and lumpectomy.
- DIAGNOSTIC SURGERY, such as bone marrow aspirations, liver, breast and other tissue biopsies.
- EAR, NOSE AND THROAT SURGERY, such as tonsillectomies, thyroidectomy, septoplasty and myringotomy.
- ENDOSCOPIC PROCEDURES for examination of the esophagus and stomach (gastroscopy),
bowel (colonoscopy and sigmoidoscopy).
- LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY, which is perhaps the most progressive of recent surgical developments,
involves relatively small incisions and the use of a scope and video screen viewing for performing surgical
procedures. A broad range of surgeries, which in the past involved a large incision and longer hospital
stays can now be performed laparoscopically, such as gall bladder removal, tubal ligations and ovarian cystectomies.
- OB-GYN SURGERIES such as D&C, hysteroscopy, ablations, hysterectomy and cesarean section.
- ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY such as carpal tunnel release, repair of fractures, and knee arthroscopy,
arthroscopic surgery and spinal surgeries.
- THORACIC SURGERY including lobectomies (removal of a portion of the lung), thoracotomies
(chest surgeries) and thorascopies (chest examinations).
- Vascular Surgery such as vein ligation, AV shunts & carotid endarterectomy
- Pain Management These treatment options may include:
Lumbar, Thoracic and Cervical epidural steroid injections utilizing target
transforaminal techniques; lumber sympathetic blocks; sphenopalatine blocks;
discography; precision joint injections; radiofrequency neuroablative procedures;
peripheral or spinal cord stimulator trials and implants; foraminoplasty;
and other patented advanced interventional procedures.
...click here to see more
Questions about your care:
During regular business hours, Monday - Thursday, please call 570-268-2305.